Designed for one-handed operation.
IC-A24 has a large keypad that is well labeled. The large display shows both letters and numbers for fast reading of frequencies. The display is backlit, and so is the keypad. The light stays on until you turn it off – making the radio easy to use while flying at night.
The water resistant construction of the OIC-A24 provides reliable operation in wet conditions. Equivalent to IPX4 of the corresponding international standard IEC 60529 (2001).
The IC-A24 stores the last 10 channels used. You can easily recall those channels by pushing the “flip-flop” recall buttons on the front panel. It is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels.
Icom IC-A24 VOR Navigation
The IC-A24 has VOR navigation functions. The DVOR mode shows the radial 'to' or 'from' a VOR station and the CDI mode shows the course deviation to/from a VOR station. You can also input your intended radial to/from the VOR station and show the course deviation on the display. In the USA version, the duplex operation allows you to call a COM channel while you are using VOR navigation.
Icom IC-A24 External DC Power Jack
The IC-A24 has an external DC power jack, allowing for battery charging when using the AC wall charger, BC-110. The cigarette lighter cable, CP-20, provides for battery charging and operation from an external DC source. When the battery pack is installed, simultaneous charging during operation is also possible. In addition, an optional battery case, BP-208N, is available.
And more features...
- 200 memory channels (20 Ch × 10 banks) with 6 character names
- Dedicated 121.5MHz emergency key
- Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via an external aviation headset.
- Optional Ni-Cd and Li-Ion battery packs
- NOAA marine weather channels
- Tag scanning and memory bank scanning
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
- Low battery alert
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
Icom A24 Radio
Battery Pack BP-210N
Belt clip, MB-103
Carrying case, LC-159
Wall charger, BC-167S
Headset adapter, OPC-499